Wknd Nation: Community Manager
About Wknd Nation
Wknd Nation is a fashion brand that will be the go-to destination for home, work and social. We're creating a new category called #stylewear combining comfort and style. The styles are all classics with a twist and blur the aesthetics of weekend and weekdays. Easy, timeless and uber comfy clothes that have that extra something and the ability to be styled up or down and everything in between. Wknd Nation is more than a clothing brand -- it's a mindset. It’s an attitude and a point of view. Wknd Nation stands for self acceptance, embraces extremes, gets inspired by imperfections and truly believes that everything real is beautiful. Make it yours, and just do you.
About the role
This is a full-time role where you will be partnering with the co-founder and chief creative officer in addition to other key stakeholders and marketing team. The vision for this role is to grow brand awareness on social media through engaging content and community management. You will be building buzz and social impressions, growing the audience through engagement with other brands and members of the IG/Tik Tok community, driving revenue, and leading our ambassador program.
- Create content for social media channels: primarily Instagram, YouTube and Tik Tok, in both still photo and video form
- Maintain social media and content production calendar. Post all content to brand social media channels
- Stay up to date on social media trends, algorithm changes, hashtags and follow all social media best practices
- Generate audience growth and engagement through content, liking, commenting, DM’ing, and ongoing community management to increase brand awareness
- Detail oriented and able to organize assets in a concise and user-friendly way
- Report on content in a concise way: how is different content performing for the brand?
- Partner with other brands / content creators to expand the reach of Wknd Nation
- Create seeding / outreach plan and execute to get samples to influencers and ambassadors pre-launch and ensure their content is part of Wknd's social calendar.
- Partner with chief creative officer on ideas, assets, and overall vision for the brand
- Utilize smart tech integrations where possible (i.e. IG shopping, tagging products, TikTok x Shopify integration, etc…)
- 2-3 years experience with other consumer, lifestyle or fashion brands on main social media platforms (Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook)
- Track record of growing social audience size and engagement for brands
- Must love social media the power it provides including reporting + data
- Must be able to create content: still images and video content. Leverage props, samples, backgrounds, and graphic design to mirror brand aesthetic and voice.
- Strong writing and visual media skills
- Experience with Tik Tok is a bonus
- Ability to visit NYC Headquarters in midtown 1-2x/week to pick up samples and swatches, and regroup with CCO (pending COVID guidelines)